In the heart of downtown Boston and against a dramatic backdrop of skyscrapers, our revolutionary spaces have stood the test of time to become a unique venue for your big day.
We would be delighted to answer your wedding rental questions. If you would like an estimate or to tour the Old State House or Old South Meeting House, please fill out the Wedding Rental Request Form.
You can reach us at email@example.com, or feel free to call us at 617-482-6439 ext. 15 with questions.
Old South Meeting House and the Old State House are open 7 days a week as museums. Wedding ceremonies can begin after we have closed to the public. Wedding ceremonies typically begin at 6:00 pm from April 1 to October 31, and 5:00 pm from November 1 to March 31. Our wedding ceremony rental is for 3 hours, including time for setup and break down on the day of your wedding, and a 1 hour rehearsal typically held the evening before. Your wedding may exceed 3 hours for an additional charge.
We are honored to have been part of hundreds of weddings throughout the years. Follow this link for inspiration on how our space can make your wedding one for the history books.
For a virtual tour of our Main Hall at Old South Meeting House, please visit our Wedding Wire storefront. You will also find 360-degree views of the Conference Room and Education Room, both of which are available for your wedding party to lounge in before your ceremony.
More information will be coming soon about weddings at the Old State House.
Old South Meeting House is wheelchair accessible with elevator access to all levels except the balcony. Assistive listening devices are available with the use of the sound system.
Unfortunately, the Old State House is not currently wheelchair accessible.
Old South Meeting House’s main hall holds up to 550 guests in our historic pews for a presentation, 250 on the first floor and 300 in the balcony. We can host 200 guests for a standing and mingling cocktail reception, and 100 guests for a seated dinner.
The Old State House can seat up to 50 people in the Council Chamber on the second floor, and the maximum capacity is 75.
All rental fees and services are tailored to your individual needs and typically include use of the building, in-house A/V equipment and museum staffing.
OLD SOUTH MEETING HOUSE
Fees for a typical wedding ceremony range starts between $2,800 to $3,100. A one-hour rehearsal is recommended (typically held the evening before the wedding) and is built into your wedding contract. Each wedding ceremony is staffed by an event manager and additional museum assistant(s). Your event manager will assist with your rehearsal and ceremony to help coordinate your procession, music and other needs.
For Old State House wedding pricing, please contact our Director of Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-482-6439 ext. 15.
- Brother Lawrence A. Whitney, LC, Boston College University Chaplain and Officiant: 857-413-7122, email@example.com or visit here.
- Rabbi David B. Kudan, Officiant for Jewish and Interfaith Ceremonies: 617-877-3818, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit here.
- Donna Cunio, Nondenominational Minister and Massachusetts Justice of the Peace: 781-659-7667, email@example.com or visit here.
- Father Jim Griffin, M.Div., Independent Catholic Priest and Registered Wedding Officiant in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: 508-808-1586, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit here.
- William Luzier, Attorney and Massachusetts Justice of the Peace: 617-782-6077, email@example.com or visit here.
- Cindy Matchett, Celebrant: 978-263-5937, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit here.
- Ars Magna Studio: 617-942-1449, www.arsmagnastudio.com.
- Caroline Talbot Photography: http://carolinetalbotphoto.com.
- Metzger Studios: 781-652-0342, www.metzgerstudios.com
- Lindsay Hite Photography: 508-208-1689, www.lindsayhitephotography.com
- Elizabeth LaDuca Photography: 978-760-3503,www.elizabethladuca.com.
- Shane Godfrey Photography: www.shanegodfreyphotography.com.
- Alex Paul Photography: www.alexpaulphotography.com.
- Carly Michelle Photography: www.carlymichellephotography.com.
- Aiden Rhaa Photography: www.aidenrhaa.com.
- Gina Brocker Photography: www.ginabrocker.com.
- Marc Hall Design, 617-482-6272, www.theworldofmarchall.com.
- Field & Vase, 978-568-1189, www.fieldandvase.com.
- Nature's Design Studio, 781-640-9320, www.naturesdesignstudio.com.
- Winston Flowers: 800-457-4901, www.winstonflowers.com.
- Petals, Inc.: 978-532-0066, www.petalsinc.com.
- C2MDesigns, LLC: 401-475-6260, www.C2MDesigns.com.
- Poppy Floral: 617-955-7144, www.poppyfloral.com.
- Above and Beyond Catering, 617-426-5999, email@example.com, www.aboveabc.com.
- Boston Cafe and Catering, 781-938-9300, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.bostoncater.com.
- The Catered Affair, 781-982-9333, email@example.com, www.thecateredaffair.com.
- Gourmet Caterers, 617-522-2820, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.gourmetcatering.com.
- Lavishly Dunn,617-921-8993, email@example.com, www.lavishlydunn.com.