OCT 14, 7PM
As we look ahead to the 2020 presidential election, we recognize that many of our neighbors face unfair obstacles to casting their votes in the ballot box on November 3. Join us to talk about civic engagement, voter suppression, and special barriers that exist for communities of color and other under-resourced populations. We’ll engage in conversation with several local leaders to learn how we can all support broad and inclusive voting efforts, in our own communities and beyond.
- Cheryl Clyburn Crawford – Executive Director, MassVOTE
- Patricia Comfort – Executive Director, League of Women Voters of Massachusetts
- Janet Domenitz – Executive Director, MASSPIRG/MASSPIRG Education Fund
- Poetry as a Force for Change: A Conversation with Marge PiercyNOV 1: A conversation with poet and novelist Marge Piercy about the role of artists and writers in politically perilous times.Read more →
- Monumental AttucksNOV 10: African American leaders in late 19th century Boston fought to create a lasting monument to Crispus Attucks on Boston Common.Read more →