Revolutionary Spaces connects people to the history and continuing practice of democracy through the interwoven stories of Boston’s Old State House and Old South Meeting House.
On Washington Street
- Age of Phillis on FilmJUNE 15: A panel featuring the producer and director of the new short film series Imagining the Age of Phillis, as well as poet Honorée Fanonne Jeffers, on whose poems the films are based.Read more →
- VIDEO | Interpreting the Past Through ComicsA discussion with creators who have used comics and graphic novels to tell complicated and personal histories spanning from World War II to the near-past.Read more →
- A New Space for Our IdealsVIDEO: A discussion about the role Revolutionary-Era sites play as monuments in our society, and how they can lead to conversation about our national values.Read more →
- VIDEO | Tea Party Tonight! Episode 2EP 2: Host Rob Crean returns with guests Tory Bullock, Jacqueline Beatty, a short film by Tawanda Gona, games including Monumental Accessories, The Statue-lor, Boston Versus, a recipe for grog, and more!Read more →
- VIDEO | Grief, Remembrance, JusticeAn exploration of how our memories of the legendary Boston activist Melnea Cass can help us channel grief into a call for lasting change.Read more →
- VIDEO | Difficult TransitionsJAN 13: A lively panel discussion with leading historians exploring some of the most tenuous moments in executive power in our nation’s history.Read more →