Revolutionary Spaces connects people to the history and continuing practice of democracy through the interwoven stories of Boston’s Old State House and Old South Meeting House.
- There are currently no upcoming events posted. Please check back soon.
On Washington Street
- VIDEO | Difficult TransitionsJAN 13: A lively panel discussion with leading historians exploring some of the most tenuous moments in executive power in our nation’s history.Read more →
- VIDEO | Tea Party Tonight! Episode 1EPISODE 1: Marking the 247th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party with guests William Fowler, Ben Carp, and Chernoh Sesay, games including Boston Nice, Past & Presents, and a drink you’ll absolutely flip for.Read more →
- VIDEO | Looking for Miss PhillisVIDEO: Poet, essayist and novelist Honorée Fanonne Jeffers will discusses her journey to write a book of poetry on the life and times of Phillis Wheatley Peters.Read more →
- Writing Plays of the Past and FuturePlaywrights discuss their plays in the Huntington’s Dream Boston series, what it means to make art during a pandemic, and the role that history and art play in processing current events.Read more →
- VIDEO | Demanding Freedom: Attucks and the Abolition Movement19th presented Attucks as the first martyr of the Revolution who died fighting for liberty, an image that resonated powerfully with those seeking emancipation for African Americans.Read more →
- Video | Imagining AttucksExplores how Attucks has been interpreted through the years and grapples with the challenges that come with bringing Attucks to life.Read more →