First Broadcast June 23, 2021
Tea Party Tonight! returns with more smart guests, more stupid games, and more Rob Crean. Join us during the all-important corridor between Father’s Day and Independence Day for our third episode. We make no legally binding promises, but it will definitely be the most important and hilarious thing that has ever happened on the internet.
- Eliga Gould, Professor of History at University of New Hampshire and author of Crucible of Peace: The Turbulent History of America’s Founding Treaty.
- Serena Zabin, Professor of History at Carleton College and author of The Boston Massacre: A Family History.
- Caroline Klibanoff, Managing Director of Made by Us.
PLUS: Gifts for “Founding Fathers’ Day,” YA updates to historical favorites for your “Summer Reading,” and answering that eternal question “Was It Aliens?”
This event is supported in part by the Lowell Institute and New England Women’s Club Fund at the Boston Foundation.
Tea Party Tonight is our first-of-its-kind history comedy talk show. Host Rob Crean welcomes special guests to discuss history, give a unique spin on current events, and play some very stupid games.
And hey, while you’re at it, take a look at this scientifically randomized clip from a past episode, why not?
Tea Party Tonight! Episodes
Recent Online Events
- VIDEO | Tea Party Tonight! Episode 3VIDEO: The third episode of our late-night comedy/history talkshow, with host Rob Crean!Read more →
- Age of Phillis on FilmJUNE 15: A panel featuring the producer and director of the new short film series Imagining the Age of Phillis, as well as poet Honorée Fanonne Jeffers, on whose poems the films are based.Read more →
- VIDEO | Interpreting the Past Through ComicsA discussion with creators who have used comics and graphic novels to tell complicated and personal histories spanning from World War II to the near-past.Read more →
- A New Space for Our IdealsVIDEO: A discussion about the role Revolutionary-Era sites play as monuments in our society, and how they can lead to conversation about our national values.Read more →
- VIDEO | Tea Party Tonight! Episode 2EP 2: Host Rob Crean returns with guests Tory Bullock, Jacqueline Beatty, a short film by Tawanda Gona, games including Monumental Accessories, The Statue-lor, Boston Versus, a recipe for grog, and more!Read more →
- VIDEO | Grief, Remembrance, JusticeAn exploration of how our memories of the legendary Boston activist Melnea Cass can help us channel grief into a call for lasting change.Read more →
- VIDEO | Attucks and the Birth of a NationJAN 27: How William Monroe Trotter, a prominent Black Boston activist, protested the white nationalist film by invoking the memory of Crispus Attucks.Read more →
- VIDEO | Difficult TransitionsJAN 13: A lively panel discussion with leading historians exploring some of the most tenuous moments in executive power in our nation’s history.Read more →
- VIDEO | Tea Party Tonight! Episode 1EPISODE 1: Marking the 247th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party with guests William Fowler, Ben Carp, and Chernoh Sesay, games including Boston Nice, Past & Presents, and a drink you’ll absolutely flip for.Read more →