Transform your next event from ordinary to extraordinary at Old South Meeting House or Old State House, the perfect blend of history, location and charm. Available for a cocktail party, concert, corporate meeting, formal or informal dinner, or award ceremony, these treasured National Historic Sites offer you an opportunity to create an event that is truly revolutionary!
Old South Meeting House and the Old State House are open to the public 7 days a week as museums. Rentals are typically available in the evening after 4:00 pm November 1-May 31 and after 5:00 pm April 1-October 31 for events of all kinds. To receive an event estimate, please fill out the Private Event Request Form.
Old South Meeting House is wheelchair accessible with elevator access to all levels except the balcony. Assistive listening devices are available with the use of the sound system.
Unfortunately, the Old State House is not currently wheelchair accessible.
OLD SOUTH MEETING HOUSEThe official capacity of Old South Meeting House is 650. However, your event capacity is determined by the type of event, your setup needs and our policy guidelines.
- Theatre Style Seating: 220 guests seated theatre style on the first floor of the main hall only. An additional 330 seats are available in the balcony. (The balcony will only be opened for events with over 250 attendees or if arrangements have been made for such at the time of booking.)
- Reception, standing: A typical standing reception comfortably accommodates 50 to 250 guests on the first floor of the main hall. Food and drink are not allowed in the balcony level.
- Seated Dinner: A seated dinner comfortably accommodates 50 up to 100 persons at round tables set in our first floor box pews. Additional tables may be added in the case of a plated dinner with servers but will limit open space for dancing, musicians, etc. Food and drink are not allowed in the balcony level.
OLD STATE HOUSEThe official capacity of the Old State House is 150. However, the second floor has a maximum capacity of 75.
Rental fees at Old South Meeting House vary by event but typically range between $4,100 and $7,500 dollars per event. Fees are significantly reduced for non-profit groups. Pricing is based on a number of factors including staffing needs, number of attendees, production needs and tax-exempt status. Rental fees and services are tailored to your event but typically include use of the venue, event staffing, and in-house A/V equipment. Use of additional equipment will be assessed at the time of your rental inquiry and included in the pricing estimate. To receive an event estimate, please fill out the Private Event Rental Request Form.
For fees and services for the Old State House, please contact our Director of Events at email@example.com or 617-482-6349 ext. 15.
- Sound System: Our sound system, designed specifically for our building, is capable of accommodating multiple performers or speakers as well as broadcasting CDs or iPods. All events that use the balcony must use the sound system. We recommend the system for audiences over 50 persons. We require that our sound technician be on site when our sound system is used.
- Theatre Lighting: A complete theatre lighting system is available.
- Stage: A full modular staging system is available, in 8’x4’ or 4’4 pieces. Most staging configurations require at least 3 – 4 pieces.
- Screen & projectors: A 10’ quiet controlled screen, mounted from ceiling truss, LCD projector and slide projector are available.
- Piano: A Mason Hamlin Grand Piano is available for use. A tuning fee applies.
To Reserve Your Place In History
To discuss your event and check availability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Events Director at 617-482-6439 ext. 15.
If you are interested in holding a wedding ceremony at Old South Meeting House or the Old State House, visit our Weddings page.
If you are looking would like to hold a forum, concert or other event open to the public sponsored by a non-profit organization, visit our Partner Events page here.