Please be aware that online ticket sales are temporarily suspended. Admissions are available at the door.
July – August
10:30am & 2:30pm
Includes all-day General Admission to both the Old State House and Old South Meeting House.
All public tours allow a maximum of 20 people.
This tour is free for Revolutionary Spaces Members. Learn more about membership here.
The Revolution is only the beginning!
Boston is known for its role in the American Revolution, but there’s so much more to the story! Join Revolutionary Spaces on a compelling new walking tour that explores Boston’s enduring role in the American story from its founding to the present. Boston Reconsidered takes you to ten different downtown sites that range from can’t-miss landmarks to lesser known gems. You’ll leave inspired by diverse stories of how Bostonians made their voices heard in their ongoing pursuit of a free society.
Tour tickets include all-day access to two of the Freedom Trail’s most iconic sites: The Old South Meeting House, where the Boston Tea Party began, and the Old State House, which was the center of government in colonial Massachusetts.
- Old State House (Ticket includes entry)
- Faneuil Hall
- City Hall Plaza
- John Adams Courthouse
- Beacon Hill
- Massachusetts State House
- Site of the Manufactory House
- Site of Boston Latin School
- Old Corner Bookstore
- Old South Meeting House (Ticket includes entry)
What’s On at Revolutionary Spaces
- Reflecting AttucksA virtual exhibit that examines the memory of Crispus Attucks, a man of African & Native descent who was the first to die in the Boston Massacre.Read more →
- Massacre and Memory TourA half-mile guided walking tour that explores the surprisingly small geography of colonial Boston to uncover the roots of the Boston Massacre and includes entry to the Old State House and Old South Meeting House.Read more →
- Unfinished Business Film SeriesA film series exploring the legacy of protest, representation, and revolution embodied in our historical sites.Read more →
- Revolution is Brewing: Immersive Roleplaying GameA 90-minute immersive experience for students grade 8 and up developed in partnership with the award-winning education game designers Gigantic Mechanic.Read more →
- Essential Questions Discussion SeriesIn-person and virtual discussions that confront key issues that sit at the heart of the American experiment in self-government.Read more →
- Colony to CommonwealthYour first stop in Boston! See how Massachusetts and its residents played a pivotal role in the birth of America.Read more →
- Voices of ProtestDiscover compelling people who made a difference at Old South Meeting House and the history of protest and free speech that continues to this day.Read more →
- Council ChamberOnce an exclusive space for the most powerful men in Massachusetts, now all are invited to connect to our nation’s history in this meticulously-restored 18th-century room.Read more →
- Boston Reconsidered TourSee how events in our backyard have shaped the entire nation. Trace the ideals of the Revolution through Independence, abolition, struggles for civil rights, and into the present day.Read more →