First Broadcast September 30, 2021
We’re back and while we can’t claim to be better than ever, we’re slathering ourselves in Cheez Whiz for a very special trip to Philadelphia and Carpenters’ Hall! We won’t say that host Rob Crean is eager to get out of town for our fourth episode but if self-proclaimed genius and unimpeachable role model Ben Franklin is to be believed, the best way to find success in Boston is to leave.
- Michael Norris, Executive Director at Carpenters’ Hall in Philadelphia.
- Barbara Clark Smith, author of The Freedoms We Lost and curator at the Smithsonian Museum of American History.
This event is supported in part by the New England Women’s Club Fund at the Boston Foundation.
Tea Party Tonight is our first-of-its-kind history comedy talk show. Host Rob Crean welcomes special guests to discuss history, give a unique spin on current events, and play some very stupid games.
And hey, while you’re at it, take a look at this scientifically randomized clip from a past episode, why not?
Tea Party Tonight! Episodes
Recent Online Events
- VIDEO | Tea Party Tonight! Episode 2EP 2: Host Rob Crean returns with guests Tory Bullock, Jacqueline Beatty, a short film by Tawanda Gona, games including Monumental Accessories, The Statue-lor, Boston Versus, a recipe for grog, and more!Read more →
- VIDEO | Grief, Remembrance, JusticeAn exploration of how our memories of the legendary Boston activist Melnea Cass can help us channel grief into a call for lasting change.Read more →
- VIDEO | Attucks and the Birth of a NationJAN 27: How William Monroe Trotter, a prominent Black Boston activist, protested the white nationalist film by invoking the memory of Crispus Attucks.Read more →
- VIDEO | Difficult TransitionsJAN 13: A lively panel discussion with leading historians exploring some of the most tenuous moments in executive power in our nation’s history.Read more →
- VIDEO | Tea Party Tonight! Episode 1EPISODE 1: Marking the 247th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party with guests William Fowler, Ben Carp, and Chernoh Sesay, games including Boston Nice, Past & Presents, and a drink you’ll absolutely flip for.Read more →
- VIDEO | Looking for Miss PhillisVIDEO: Poet, essayist and novelist Honorée Fanonne Jeffers will discusses her journey to write a book of poetry on the life and times of Phillis Wheatley Peters.Read more →