Recorded October 28, 2020
Presented by Huntington Theatre Company, Revolutionary Spaces, and WBUR’s City Space.
Join playwrights Miranda ADEkoje, Patrick Gabridge, Kirsten Greenidge, and Melinda Lopez, with moderator Cristela Guerra of WBUR’s The ARTery, as they discuss their plays in the Huntington’s Dream Boston series, what it means to make art during a pandemic, and the role that history and art play in processing current events.
- Miranda ADEkoje
- Patrick Gabridge
- Kirsten Greenidge
- Melinda Lopez
About Dream Boston
The Dream Boston series of short audio plays was conceived and commissioned by the Huntington Theatre Company artistic department, and gives local playwrights the opportunity to imagine their favorite locations, landmarks, and friends in a future Boston, when people can once again meet and connect in the city – a vision of a future Boston that is somewhere between dream and reality.
- VIDEO | Demanding Freedom: Attucks and the Abolition Movement19th presented Attucks as the first martyr of the Revolution who died fighting for liberty, an image that resonated powerfully with those seeking emancipation for African Americans.Read more →
- Video | Imagining AttucksExplores how Attucks has been interpreted through the years and grapples with the challenges that come with bringing Attucks to life.Read more →
- Video | Liberty & Sovereignty in 18th Century New EnglandExamining the political conversations that were taking place around the time of the Boston Massacre among white colonists and the African- and Native-descended communities.Read more →
- Video | Boston’s Activists of Color: A Historical Tour & Contemporary ConversationView a short film about anti-slavery activists in Boston’s Beacon Hill neighborhood during the 19th-century Abolitionist Movement, followed by a conversation with one of these activists’ descendants.Read more →
- Video | Man of Many Worlds Online PanelA lively discussion about Attucks’s Afro-Indian community and reflect on the experiences he might have had that informed his thinking about resistance and protest and ultimately brought him to King Street on the night of the Boston Massacre.Read more →
- Video | Discovering Crispus – A Play in ProcessExploring how the memory of Attucks has inspired generations of activists to fight for social change.Read more →