Recorded June 22, 2020
Revolutionary Spaces President & CEO Nat Sheidley and Director of Public and Community Programs Erica Lindamood discuss events the Old State House and Old South Meeting House witnessed in the lead-up to American Independence. By revisiting moments of 18th-century protest, debate, and rebellion at the Old South Meeting House and Old State House, we can more thoughtfully consider the roles Revolutionary Spaces might play in critical conversations and activism today.
Intro music: bensound.com.
For early access to all Members’ View events, become a member of Revolutionary Spaces.
More Past Members’ View Events
- Video: David Silverman: This Land is Their LandA conversation with David Silverman, author of several books on Native American, colonial American, and American racial history, including “This Land is Their Land: The Wampanoag Indians, Plymouth Colony, and Troubled History of Thanksgiving.”Read more →
- Video: Introducing Reflecting Attucks with Mitch KachunReviewing what we know about Attucks’s actions at the Boston Massacre, and how Americans have found inspiration in Attucks over the last 250 years.Read more →
- Video: History Off the PageA panel discussion on scholarly disciplines that look beyond the written record for knowledge about the past, including research on language, music, and material culture.Read more →
- Video: Site See: Rebellion in ActionRevisiting moments of 18th-century protest, debate, and rebellion at the Old South Meeting House and Old State House.Read more →
- Video: Site See: The Flipsides of the Old State House and Old South Meeting HouseRevisiting moments of 18th-century protest, debate, and rebellion at the Old South Meeting House and Old State House.Read more →